Chapter 12 - Late Night at the Office

Kiara sat mindlessly at her desk at work on Monday evening feeling exhausted from her weekend away. The words on her screen started to blur together as her eyelids became heavier. 

"Kiara?" 

Kiara bolted up out of her seat and made her way into Eric's office. "Yeah - did you want something?"



"Yes - can you please reschedule my meeting with George to Wednesday afternoon? And don't forget I need a copy of all of the bank documents for the Eastgate development on my desk by tomorrow morning. Also, can you order some Chinese? I think tonight is going to be a late one," Eric instructed. 



When the food arrived, Eric and Kiara dropped what they were doing and sat down to eat. They laughed and exchanged stories all throughout dinner. 

Kiara stood up and began to clean up when Eric said, "Hey, you've got something on your face. Here, let me get it for you."

Kiara held her breath and tried to look away as Eric moved closer and brushed his fingers lightly on the corner of her mouth. She turned her gaze back to Eric and they stared into each other's eyes just for a moment, before both giving in. 





They approached each other softly at first, a shy and gentle touch of the lips. As Eric began to slide his hands down Kiara's small frame, their embrace soon became passionate. Kiara pulled away, gasping for air.



"We can't be doing this," Kiara whispered. 

"I'm sorry, I just - I don't know what came over me," Eric said sheepishly as he turned away.



From behind a filing cabinet, Laurie chuckled to himself - he had witnessed the entire scene between Eric and Kiara. He turned to leave with a smile on his face which soon disappeared when he noticed an all too familiar long-legged platinum blonde sitting in his office.



"Bri? What are you doing here?" 

"Sit down Laurie, I've got some news," Brianna commanded.

Laurie sat down and sighed. "Can you make it quick?"

"I think it would be in your best interests to start looking for other work, since Kerr Industries won't be around for very long." 



Brianna's vile smirk triggered an angry response from Laurie. "What the fuck did you do!" 



"Me?" Brianna barked. "I didn't do anything, it's the company's own damn fault."

"What do you mean it's the company's fault?!" Laurie yelled. He took a deep breath and continued, "Bri, please, I beg you. I know I'm a piece of shit, but please don't take it out on the company." 



Brianna tore her gaze away from Laurie to hide a single tear that slipped out of her eyes. Despite everything they had been through, she still loved him in her own twisted way. Brianna had no problem screwing over anyone but Laurie was her only weakness, her Achilles' heel. And even though he had hurt her, Brianna still wished more than anything to earn Laurie's love and affection. 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts